Helensburgh went through to the quarter-finals of the Fraternity Club Cup as the only side with a perfect nine points in the pool stage.

The Burgh topped Pool C after a 6-1 victory over Community League side Dandaloo with Kade Kinsella scoring a hat-trick for the second match in succession, taking his tally for the tournament to seven.

Oak Flats finished second in Pool C after beating Picton 1-0 meaning the Lions finished third and above the higher-ranked Rangers.

In Pool A, Shell Cove recorded a 5-0 thumping of Port Pumas who finished bottom and this result rendered Unanderra against University as a dead rubber with the Hearts edging the tie 2-1.

Fernhill and Kiama squared off at Crehan Park in a match to determine who would progress from Pool B and it was the Foxes that prevailed 4-1. 

Gerringong won the other match in the pool, with the Community League side knocking off Berkeley with Jake Packham and Rhyley Foenander scoring to see the Breakers finish second.

Thirroul were the final District League side to make it through to the knockout stage with the Thunder beating Warilla 2-1 at Unanderra Oval. 

Thirroul finished two points ahead of Albion Park City who capped off a tremendous debut in the competition with a 1-0 win against Balgownie at Terry Reserve with Jack Murray scoring the only goal of the game.

In the Premier League pools, Bulli were already through to the final eight leaving Wollongong Olympic and Corrimal play out a dead rubber. Olympic had to work for the result with Hikaru Kawasakiya netting in a 1-0 win. 

In Pool E, Coniston smashed Port Kembla 4-0 leaving the two sides, along with Tarrawanna, all on three points. Port finished last with a minus-two goals differential while Coniston and the Blueys both had plus one with Peter Willis’s side going through to the next round on head-to-head.

It was more clear cut in Pool F where Bellambi progressed despite having a bye. Woonona needed to beat Cringila on Thursday night at Crehan Park to go top, but the match ended goalless with the Lions taking the two points with a 5-4 penalty shootout win. 

The Albion Park White Eagles won the final pool after beating rivals South Coast United 3-1 at Terry Reserve. Cameron Morgan scored a double while US Virgin Islands international JC Mack netted on debut while Jarrod Pollard picked up the consolation for United. The win sees Albion Park finish with six points, three ahead of Wollongong United who are three ahead of South Coast.

The draw for the quarter-finals took place on Monday morning with the four matches to played across Crehan Park and Macedonia Park on Wednesday night.

Second-tier Fernhill were drawn against Bulli in the 6 pm match at Crehan Park which will be followed by and all Premier League affair with Tarrawanna facing Bellambi. 

At Macedonia Park, the action will begin with Thirroul meeting Shell Cove before the Albion Park White Eagles go up against Helensburgh.

By Dylan Arvela, on Twitter @dylanarvela

Photo by Graham Brown

Notice board

OFFICE HOURS: Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm

Searching for Clubs?

Find clubs, club contacts, field locations and more in our clubs directory. 


Get social

Upcoming Events