image2 (002)

South Coast United earned another impressive home win as they overcame Corrimal Rangers 2-1 at Ian McLennan Park on Saturday night.

Advin Trebincevic put the side in front midway through the half, before the Rangers struck back straight away. Trebincevic bagged another soon after halftime, which proved to be the winner.

The game got off to a fast start with both teams getting a shot off within the first five minutes. United’s Trebincevic saw his strike fly past the left post before visitors’ forward Luke Paull had an effort that deflected into Jason Bleakley’s gloves.

The Rangers had another shot nine minutes later when Mavridis lined up a curler from outside the box that Bleakley comfortably held onto.

The game burst into life after those early few chances, with South Coast opening the scoring midway through the half. Alex Galbraith’s scuffed shot fell to Trebincevic in the middle of the box, the attacker passing it into the left of the goal.

However, Corrimal found the equaliser just seconds later when Bleakley spilled a left-sided cross into the path of Mavridis who made no mistake from a few meters out.

South Coast started to get into some promising areas after this goal flurry, the best of which came with 10 first-half minutes to play. Kieren Brodnik poking a shot from close range that Corrimal goalkeeper Harrison Matias could only take the pace off, but it was eventually hooked clear from the line.

At halftime, the scores were level in a close encounter at Ian McLennan Park.

United made the most of the opening exchanges of the second period, retaking the lead just four minutes in. A stray pass from Timothy Chapman fell at the feet of Trebincevic on the edge of the box, who lashed an accurate strike into the top left corner.

The hosts pushed on, buoyed by their goal, as they continued to knock on the door for more. Trebincevic firing a shot straight at Matias, before fullback Antoni Anic curled one, but Matias was equal to it again as the match headed into the final 15 minutes.

Corrimal began to pursue another equaliser more eagerly in the closing stages, and with three minutes to go, James Anagnostopoulos hooked a glorious opportunity over following a corner.

They couldn’t break down the resilient United backline though, as South Coast claimed an important narrow victory.

For the final round of the Illawarra Premier League next weekend, South Coast United travel to Bellambi Rosellas while Corrimal host Tarrawanna Blueys.

Report by Timothy Gibson, on Twitter @Timg123_



Notice board

OFFICE HOURS: Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm

Searching for Clubs?

Find clubs, club contacts, field locations and more in our clubs directory. 


Get social

Upcoming Events