How do I become a referee?
- The first step is to complete the Level 5 online Laws of The Game, https://laws.myfootballclub.com.au/
- The second step is to register your interest with Football South Coast and determine when the next Level 4 course will be run.
- The third step, register and pay via PLAYFOOTBALL same as registering as a player. Please see our Information and Registration page for details
When will the next level 4 course be run?
- Please see Upcoming Courses page.
What is the cost of registration if I am an existing referee in 2019?
- See Information and Registration page.
Why do we have a new uniform for 2018?
- FSC has recently entered into a new sponsorship period with our apparel provider who have a new range of referee gear
- The sponsorship apparel arrangement will be for a 3 year period
- The uniform will remain the same for the next 3 years
- For full uniform requirements please see Uniform and Equipment tab
Can I wear “skins” under my uniform?
- Shirts – Yes, as long as they are BLACK
- Shorts – Yes, as long as they can’t be seen under the shorts.
When can I buy the referee uniform?
- The uniform is available at the FSC offices (11 Bourke Street, Fairy Meadow – next door to the Fraternity Club entrance), including the alternative pink and yellow shirt if required for all new senior match referee’s.
If I am a new referee – which club will I referee at?
- Junior match referee’s – when the Level 4 is completed, FSC will allocate you to a junior club, where possible as close to home. This will be known as your Home Club.
- Senior Match referee’s – will be appointed by MatchRef.
Do I only referee at my Junior Home Club?
- You must referee at your home club as a first priority. Your referee coordinator may ask you to referee at a nearby club, you must not accept any appointments at another club without prior knowledge from your referee coordinator.
How am I appointed to games?
- Junior game referee’s – this is done by your Home Club and they will notify you as per their communication protocols
- Senior game referee’s – are completed by MatchRef. You will be provided with details on how to register and log-in to this system prior to official appointments
- Some junior referee’s will be appointed to FSC representative games – these appointments will be done via Matchref.
How am I Paid?
- Junior game referee’s – your Home Club will pay you via an agreed method.
- Payment for senior games and FSC representative games are paid to your nominated bank account on a monthly basis by the FSC office.
Can I Referee at senior level?
- Yes, however there are a number of requirements before progression. You must be assessed to progress, you must be prepared to complete a Level 3 referee course, and be assessed at a practical level as being competent to referee senior football.
When does the season start?
- The FSC website has a Season Calendar
How often am I required to attend meetings?
- We have a schedule of upcoming meetings. Please see our Referee Meeting Dates page for more information.
- Senior match referee’s will be offered monthly development sessions to be conducted by the FSC Referee Coach
- Junior match referees will be offered two training sessions
Is there any other information I need to know?
- The FSC website has a section for Referee’s which includes other information such as resources, policies, etc.
- For further information, contact the office on (02) 4285 6929 during office hours or email [email protected]