The Football South Coast Board is calling for EOI’s from members of the Illawarra Community for appointment as the Representative and Development Director to the Football South Coast Board.
Candidates will be assessed under a merit-based selection process as per the eligibility criteria below and will be appointed for a 2-year term (expires at AGM), with a max re-appointment period of 3 x 2-year terms.
The Football South Coast Board is a “working” Board and as such, the successful appointee will be required to demonstrate their capacity and availability to attend all required meetings & fulfil their active role and full responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong demonstrated success working in either; corporate, government or community organisations with a proven track record in implementing and managing good governance practices in collaboration with multiple community stakeholders. This experience must be complimented with a thorough understanding of how these practices can be applied sensitively and respectfully with the development of representative football and programs through a community member based organisation.
All information, including the Eligibility Criteria and Roles and Responsibilities, is available from www.footballsouthcoast.com
Enquires and Email Applications to be directed or addressed to
Ann-Marie Balliana, CEO and MD of Football South Coast Limited
Email: email@example.com Phone: (02) 42 856929
Applications close 5.00pm Friday, 5th April 2019
- Must have a proven and successful record in a professional business or government organisations with proven strong business, commercial, organisational, management and leadership skills and outcomes.
- Must have a strong practical understanding of representative football and matters that relate to the development of players and coaches. Note: There is NO requirement for the applicant to have any Technical Football Skills as FSC has a Technical Director employed to effect all such duties.
- Must demonstrate a successful record and proven experience in senior leadership/management roles and the administration of people and organization’s operations – preferably in Sports Management.
- Must demonstrate a proven business focused written and verbal communication skills and be able to professionally prepare written submissions and make public presentations/addresses
- Must be able to demonstrate the capacity and availability to attend (i) all Board Meetings (set 2nd Monday of each Month with annual attendance quotas apply), (ii) representative games and (iii) FSC events as required. These may take place during and/or after business hours and on weekends.
- Must have demonstrated strong links across the local, social and business communities that best represent Football South Coast as a major contributor and valued member of the community.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Football South Coast Technical Director, develop approved (by Football South Coast Board through Football South Coast MD/CEO) transparent talent identification strategies and systems for all grassroot local junior players and coaches
- Oversee all facets for the successful and responsible development of the FSC representative pathway programs to ensure the success and effectiveness of these programs equally for all players and coaches – both on & off the field
- develop and effect Board approved communication strategies for all levels of the FSC representative pathway programs to ensure strong community and players/coaches’ connection and understanding of the program values, goals, objectives & its desired outcomes
- Attend Representative Match days and associated events to oversee the effectiveness and appropriate operation of match days and the FSC Pathway Programs and regularly report on such matters to the FSC Board through its MD/CEO.
- Primary liaison point (in consultation with MD/CEO) with FNSW on all representative football matters and act as a direct link to FSC Board through FSC Managing Director/CEO
- Develop relationships between all grassroot FSC Member Clubs & South Coast Flame and the FSC representative programs and the State Competitions
- Provide primary leadership for the promotion of all FSC pathways and its programs
- Provide and ensure the FSC Pathways to the South Coast Flame FC are professionally maintained and enhanced through direct active participation, involvement, input and communication with South Coast Flame FC, its Chairman and the Board of Directors.
- Act as the primary & key liaison contact for the FSC Board of Directors and for the Board of Directors of South Coast Flame FC regarding the FSC pathways program effectiveness
- Ensure all matters relating to the FSC representative pathway programs & strategies are socially/community and corporate responsible and balanced, structured, transparent, honest, fair, member clubs focused and protect and enhance the FSC Brand and its sponsors equally.