The second day of the Bonnie Lassie was completed on Sunday with a pocket of fine weather present during the matches at Ian McLennan Park. 

It was a tight finish to the pool stage with it coming down to the last match to determine the quarter-finalists. 


Russell Vale and University Two played out a 0-0 draw in the first game of the day. 

A 3-0 win for Woonona over Jamberoo in the second match secured the side a quarter-finals birth, while University’s 1-0 win over Berkeley was enough to put them through to the quarters. 

Next up, Bulli and Coniston were unable to be separated in the second 0-0 draw of the day before Albion Park White Eagles also made it to the quarter-finals getting up 3-0 against Coledale. 

Moss Vale and Oak Flats drew 0-0 with neither side able to make the quarters as Fernhill nicked a valuable 1-0 victory over Cringila seeing them qualify as the second-last quarter-finalist.

In the final game of the pool stage, Thirroul defeated Tarrawanna 1-0 to send the Thunder into the quarters. 


In the first quarter-final, Helensburgh and Fernhill ended scoreless forcing a penalty shootout. 

The Thistle prevailed in the shootout with the respective keepers for both sides converting their penalties, but the Foxes missed the vital kick handing Helensburgh a 4-2 win.

Helensburgh celebrating their 4-2 victory on penalties against Fernhill.

Woonona faced Figtree in the second quarter-final with the Sharks securing a well-deserved 2-0 victory thanks to a couple of quality goals.

Woonona and Figtree in action.

Two quickfire goals in the second half from University saw the side win 3-1 against Albion Park White Eagles in their quarter-final while Thirroul edged past Russell Vale 1-0 in the final match of the day.


Deputy Head of the Women’s council Sandy Depers was grateful for the dry weather and perseverance of those involved in the tournament so far.

“The Women’s Council would like to thank all clubs, players and officials for their patience in dealing with everything that was thrown at us,” Depers said. 

“All games were played in good spirits. We look forward to finishing off the games and finals at a future date.”

The date for the semi-finals is yet to be set, however, the Football South Coast Women’s competitions are due to get underway in early April, while the first round of the Julie Porter Cup was washed out last weekend.


Report by Timothy Gibson

Photos courtesy of Graham Brown



Notice board

OFFICE HOURS: Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm

Searching for Clubs?

Find clubs, club contacts, field locations and more in our clubs directory. 


Get social

Upcoming Events