We are delighted to announce the contined sponsorship for Men’s Football namely the pre-season and Bert Bampton Cup from the Fraternity Club.
The Fraternity Club have been a tremendous supporter of football in the region and they are in their sixth year of sponsorship for the pre-season cup which has evolved into a very competitive pre-season hit out for clubs. This year, the cup competition will take on a slightly different format.
- Premier League Conference (12 teams/3 groups of 4) – the winner of each group + the best runner up qualify for the Quarter Finals.
- District League Conference (12 teams/3 groups of 4) – the winner of each group + the best runner up qualify for the Quarter Finals.
- The eight teams are then randomly drawn against each other (Quarter Finals)
- The winners progress through the semi finals and then the Final respectively
Fraternity Club President Mick Cuda said – “The concept allows the First Division teams to get reasonable match fitness before competing against the Premier League teams and I would anticipate that the District teams would embrace the idea of having a crack at a Premier League team early on to measure there pre season progress“.
The prestigious Bert Bampton and Youth Cup is also sponsored by the Fraternity Club for the third consecutive year. This cup competition is played as a knockout throughout the year with District League clubs going through two rounds of qualification before joining the Premier League clubs.
Last season, Wollongong United took out the pre-season cup whilst Wollongong Olympic also got some silverware by winning the Bert Bampton Cup.
The Fraternity Club has always been acknowledged as the home of Football in the Illawarra and this year, the club is proud to be be financially supporting the following associations and teams.
1. Football South Coast
2. Port Kembla
3. Corrimal Rangers
4. Albion Park White Eagles
5. South Coast Taipans (Futsal)
6. Port Kembla Pumas (Community League)
7. Wollongong Wolves (National Premier League)
On behalf of the football community, thank you Fraternity Club.